VERONICA CARDENAS - POST 1 (2DN PRESENTATION)
Our second-class presentation was based on researching AI across different topics that were assigned to each group. For example, the first group had to research how AI affects education and “fun” social life; the second group had to research sports and the economy; and the third group had to research mental health and career. I liked that this time we had ore time to present. AI is important because it has the ability to impact our way of living, working, and playing. It has been successfully applied in business to automate repetitive human tasks like identifying fraud or customer support. AI is far more efficient than people in a lot of jobs. AI technologies frequently do projects fast and with very few errors, especially when it comes to recurring, detail-oriented activities like reviewing a large number of jobs in seconds that a human can take a long time to do.
I am going to go in order of how the groups presented. First, the third group presented about mental health and careers. I agree that emotions, psychological well-being, and social well-being are all aspects of mental health. It influences our feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. It also influences how we respond to stress, interact with people, and make wise decisions. In each phase of life, from childhood to the teenage years to maturity, mental health is very important. Both physical and mental health are essential elements of total good health.
Also, AI has impacted many careers, especially those that are related to technology, like computer specialists, data analysts, network security, and many more. AI can help students with their classes. What I liked about this group’s presentation was that they were all neat and very organized. They expressed themselves and made it very clear that their point of the presentation was well informed. Although one thing I would suggest is that some of them read off the slides, I would suggest doing something like a script if you get nervous, just like I did. But overall, this was a very good presentation.
Second, the second group presented about sports and the economy. I agree that AI can help prevent injuries by detecting the pain of team players. Also, it can help the fan engagement because everything can be recorded by an AI instead of someone individually taking notes of the games, and this way more people can watch and enjoy the games. And lastly, AI helps manage the security of the people watching by having cameras and detecting if there is anything wrong with the crowd, for example, if there are fights or if someone needs medical attention. Also, AI has affected the economy positively because it helps to manage a large number of numbers in just seconds, when in reality it takes a human to do that. On the other hand, I would also suggest to this group not to read from the slides and to keep the information minimal so that the slide does not look boring to the audience.
And lastly, the first group, which is the group I am in, presented about education and “fun” social life. AI plays an important role in education because it provides lots of information. Students can use it to complete their assignments, and they have the availability to make it better. The negative part about using AI in education is that some students use it to cheat in classes, such as when writing essays or research papers. There are some teachers who are against the use of AI because they say it is consuming students' brains because it does the work for them. I believe that the use of AI should only be used if it is really necessary for research to affect the student's career because they are not learning anything.
On the other hand, AI affects social life positively by changing the way people communicate or plan events because it makes them easier for them. This time, working with my group was just a little better. Some amazing things my group did were that everybody worked with the theme of the project, everyone had their cameras on when it was time to present, most of them did not read off the PowerPoint, and we worked as a group. On the other side, some negative things about my group are that some of them did the work super late, which caused some of them to ask questions about the assignments literally the night before it was due and the morning before it was due, which I believe is very unacceptable because they had a couple weeks to do it to ask questions, but they decided to wait until the last minute, even though I always had to text them every other day to remind them to do the work. Another thing is that is I started off with the template of the brochures for everybody to plug in their information, and only me and other two people did our part of the brochure. I repeated a bunch of times that they all needed to plug in the information because the professor wanted to keep the brochures for future references, and as of now there is currently no brochure for my group. Another thing was that I felt like some people did not put enough effort in their slides in or were not very informative with their slides and dome of them out way too much information which made the slide look boring. Some people need to work on not reading the side word by word but instead making a script to help them. For example, at the last presentation, I read off the slides because I got very nervous. But this time, I made a script, and it made it easier to present for me because I get so anxious and nervous that I feel like my heart is going to come out of my body. But overall, I liked this presentation more than the last one we did about the chapters; everyone did great, and I am glad I got to learn more about how AI affects society positively and negatively. and how it would affect the future.

.webp)



.jpg)
Great. I love how you taught yourself the best way to present!
ReplyDelete